Rescued Apple Pie is near Perfect No need to throw out bruised or imperfect apples!…
Recipes from the Boosting Belly Health cooking class with Stephanie Long. Learn more about the Blush Lane Whyte Ave. cooking classes.
Tips for healthy bellies
- Processed Foods
- Refined Sugar
- Inflammatory Foods
- Common Allergens
- Alkalizing Foods
- Organic Whole Foods
- Probiotic Rich Foods
- Healthy Fibre
- Stress Reduction
Morning Lemon Water
- 1 organic lemon, cut in half
- Optional: 1 tsp. raw honey, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Bring water to boil
- Place half of the lemon in the cup and squeeze out juice
- Pour boiling water to fill half the cup and cool water to fill the remainder of the cup
- Drink 20 minutes before breakfast
Optional: Add honey to sweeten and ACV for additional digestive support
Coconut Yogurt Overnight Oats
- 1⁄2 cup GF oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 banana, sliced
- Mix all ingredients into a mason jar and stir together.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Stir together in the morning and enjoy!
Gut Healing Green Smoothie
- 2.5 cups cold water
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 1⁄2 avocado (pit and peel removed)
- 1 banana (frozen if possible)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth and creamy
Optional: Add ice cubes until desired temperature is reached
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups kimchi (liquid drained off)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kimchi and brown rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, green onions and garlic.
- Mix well and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until heated through.
Optional: Can add scrambled free range, organic eggs to the dish.
Belly Supporting Ginger Tea
- 2 inch piece of organic ginger, sliced
- Optional: 1 tbsp. raw honey
- Bring water to boil and pour over sliced ginger pieces.
Optional: Add honey to taste.