Whether your having a night in with your Valentine, a girls night with your Galentine’s,…
Recipes from the Boosting Belly Health cooking class with Stephanie Long. Learn more about the Blush Lane Whyte Ave. cooking classes.
Tips for healthy bellies
- Processed Foods
- Refined Sugar
- Inflammatory Foods
- Common Allergens
- Alkalizing Foods
- Organic Whole Foods
- Probiotic Rich Foods
- Healthy Fibre
- Stress Reduction
Morning Lemon Water
- 1 organic lemon, cut in half
- Optional: 1 tsp. raw honey, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Bring water to boil
- Place half of the lemon in the cup and squeeze out juice
- Pour boiling water to fill half the cup and cool water to fill the remainder of the cup
- Drink 20 minutes before breakfast
Optional: Add honey to sweeten and ACV for additional digestive support
Coconut Yogurt Overnight Oats
- 1⁄2 cup GF oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 banana, sliced
- Mix all ingredients into a mason jar and stir together.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Stir together in the morning and enjoy!
Gut Healing Green Smoothie
- 2.5 cups cold water
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 1⁄2 avocado (pit and peel removed)
- 1 banana (frozen if possible)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth and creamy
Optional: Add ice cubes until desired temperature is reached
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups kimchi (liquid drained off)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kimchi and brown rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, green onions and garlic.
- Mix well and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until heated through.
Optional: Can add scrambled free range, organic eggs to the dish.
Belly Supporting Ginger Tea
- 2 inch piece of organic ginger, sliced
- Optional: 1 tbsp. raw honey
- Bring water to boil and pour over sliced ginger pieces.
Optional: Add honey to taste.