Rescued Apple Pie is near Perfect No need to throw out bruised or imperfect apples!…
Slow roasted beets are not only a fall staple, but they are also perfect in fresh summer salads! Make this beet summer salad to enjoy on its own or as a side to your next bbq cookout.
4 large red beets
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice and zest
2 shallots, diced
4 cups fresh greens (arugula, romaine, green leaf, red leaf)
Salt and pepper
4 ounces soft mild goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Separately wrap the beets tightly in foil with the vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and thyme leaves, and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap the beets and allow to cool.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk the lemon juice, zest and shallots in a small bowl. Whisk in the oilive oil and season with salt and pepper
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins and compost. Slice the beets into about a ½ inch slice and toss the beets in the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the beets on a plate and Toss your greens with the vinaigrette to coat and gently mound on top of the beets. Crumble the goat cheese on top. Serve immediately.
Made this recipe? Tag us on instagram using @blushlane or #blushlanemarket