Naturally dyeing Easter eggs is by far an earth-friendly way to celebrate Easter! Using ingredients…
Confession: if I eat a pepper, usually it’s raw. If you’re like me, and you feel like you might be undervaluing this particular nightshade, maybe this easy roasted sweet pepper sauce can help you out. It’s perfect tossed with some pasta and nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese, or even just spread on some toast. Or basically, anywhere you’d normally use something of a saucy texture and nature.
How to make roasted pepper sauce:
- 3-4 red and yellow peppers; or 1 pkg mini peppers
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons stock
- pinch of ground turmeric
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 medium carrot – diced
1. Pop those mini peppers under the broiler, turning often to char all sides!
2. Meanwhile, saute onions in oil until translucent, then add carrots and stock and cook til soft.
3. When the peppers are charred, remove the stems, seeds, and core.
4. Toss the peppers and the onion mix into the blender.
5. Blend til smooth.
6. You’re done! Good work.
Serve with your favourite pasta or zoodles and enjoy!