Lunch box basics: You will need a few key basic things in place before packing…
Do you find cleaning your stove the most irritating chore ever? Well, I do: all the scrubbing, the time, and the gross black soot? Noooo thank you. I’m always on the hunt to make this horrendous task that much easier, so here’s the most useful hack I’ve come across thus far. Bonus: this uses zero questionable ingredients, and involves everything that you can easily find in your kitchen!
Your Easy Guide To A Spotless Stove
- Baking soda (as needed)
- Our 2-ingredient DIY citrus vinegar cleaner
- Fine salt (as needed)
- Dishwashing liquid
- A sponge
- Wipes, rags, or cloths
- Wipe your stove with dishwashing liquid, water, and a sponge to remove any major food chunks.
- Sprinkle salt and baking soda on the stove top. Make sure you sprinkle equal parts baking soda and salt.
- Spray the citrus vinegar cleaner over the salt and baking soda mix. Let it bubble for a few minutes.
- Lightly mix the cleaning solution over your stove so that it makes a paste. Avoid getting the paste in the burners. If it gets inside the burners remove the baking soda immediately using Q-tips.
- Leave the paste on for as long as necessary—minimum 15-30 minutes. If your stove is incredibly dirty, this may require an overnighter.
- Once you’re ready to remove the paste, spray more of your citrus vinegar cleaner and lightly rub. Then remove with a cloth. Wipe down well to make sure all the paste is gone!
- Voila! You’re done. Repeat if necessary for any rough spots.
Note: this trick works especially well if your stove needs some serious attention. If it’s just dirty and doesn’t have a lot of food grime, this full hack might not be necessary. Use our 2-ingredient citrus vinegar cleaner without baking soda for that.