Healthiest Babies Fundraiser. Support Vulnerable New Moms and their Infants Help them get the very…
Cauliflower is being turned into a bounty of dishes these days. From smoothies to soups to desserts to now crust, cauliflower is versatile to say the least. With just a few ingredients, this cauliflower pizza crust is a great way to capitalize on cauliflower’s utility. And if you’re gluten-free, this is a much tastier alternative to other gluten-free crusts!
This crust is:
- Crispy on the edges
- And delicious!
Cauliflower pizza crust is most commonly made in two different ways: vegan and, well, not vegan. Depending on your dietary preferences, we’ve outlined versions of both in this blog. For both, you’ll need to start off with cauliflower rice.
2 Simple Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipes
- 1 large head cauliflower, made into rice
- 1 ½ flax egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp flour (if you’re gluten-free, choose gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Then, make the cauliflower rice.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and then add the rice. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain in a fine strainer and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While this is cooling, feel free to get your toppings started! Prep your sauce, cut your veggies, shred your vegan cheese or crumble your vegan feta—whatever you gotta do. See more pizza topping ideas here.
- Once your rice has cooled, place it in a cheesecloth or clean dish towel (over a bowl or sink) and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. You want it as dry as can be!
- Place the squeezed out cauliflower into a large bowl. Add the majority of remaining ingredients: flax egg (let it sit for 5 minutes first), salt, nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic, flour, and cornstarch.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Form mixture into a ball. Place on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Pat into a circle, and place another piece of parchment paper on top. Use a rolling pin (or wine bottle) to flatten into a pizza shape (about ¼ inch thick). Remove top sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake crust for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. If you didn’t finish your topping prep before, finish that while the crust is cooking.
- Once the crust is lightly browned, remove and add your choice of toppings. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, made into cauliflower rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
Check out our blog on homemade pizza for topping combos and suggestions!
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, mix your cauliflower rice, beaten egg, cheese, and herbs well with a fork.
- Press dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet into a pizza shape. Flatten into ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. During this time, prep your toppings.
- Once pizza is golden brown, remove from oven. Add desired toppings and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
Find your cauliflower crust ingredients at your nearest Blush Lane!