At Blush Lane, not only do we care about what you eat, but also the…
Are you in desperate need of some TLC? With COVID-19 restrictions tightening across many provinces, many businesses are having to temporarily close their doors. I think we can all agree that there’s nothing particularly relaxing about a worldwide pandemic and as nice as a trip to the spa or nail salon might be, it’s not an option for many of us. Many of people are experiencing higher than normal stress levels so it’s important to carve out time for self-care. For some that might mean exercising, meditating or adventuring to the mountains and for others that might mean a good ol’ at home spa day.
We’re sharing our best tips to treat yourself to the ultimate relaxing spa day from the comfort of your home!
Set the Mood:
Start by setting the mood and recreating a spa atmosphere in your home! Put on some relaxing music, look for ready-made playlists on your favourite streaming device.
Smells are also another important element to consider. Grab your diffuser, if you have one, or check out our essential oils to spread throughout your room. Lavender, eucalyptus or citrus are all great options. If you don’t have a diffuser at home, you could also light a soy wax candle.
Grab our softest, most fluffiest towels, your favourite bath robe and slippers – this will truly make it feel more spa like.
One thing I love to do is to make a cup of my favourite tea or re-create the spa infused waters using strawberries, mint, cucumbers, pineapple or berries to ensure you stay hydrated! If you’re up for it, consider making healthy bite size sandwiches or snacks to enjoy after your treatments.
Now it’s time for a few relaxing DIY treatments:
- Soothe your skin with a jade facial roller. This tiny tool can help minimize puffiness and boost smoothness. Your face will thank you for this mini pick-me-up!
- Treat yourself to a mineral soak. A hot bath is a true pleasure. Bathing is not intended just for personal hygiene; it is also meant to be a way to relax and decompress after the stresses of the day.
- Give yourself a manicure and pedicure with your favourite winter polish
- Use a rejuvenating body scrub
- Deep conditioning hair treatment followed with a hot towel
- Soothing eye treatment.
- Give yourself a purifying facial with one of our DIY masks.
What are your favourite at-home spa treatments? Let us know in the comments below.