Located in the picturesque Similkameen Valley, known as the Organic Growing Capital of Canada, is…
Have some family day fun, by making your own maple syrup taffy! Use fresh snow or blend up some ice for a delicious and festive winter treat!
- Maple Syrup (2 Tbsp per serving)
- Fresh snow or crushed ice
- Popsicle sticks
- Pack snow or fresh ice in a large bowl or baking dish and smooth out the top. Store outside or in the freezer until you are ready.
- Pour maple syrup into a saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook over medium-low heat.
- Test when the syrup is ready by dropping a small amount into cold water, if the syrup forms a ball it is ready! If you have a food thermometer between 235 – 245 F or 112-118 C
- Pour about 2 tablespoons syrup per piece over snow in thin lines about 5 inches long. Let syrup strips cool and firm up for 3 to 5 seconds
- Put a popsicle stick on one end of the maple syrup and roll around the end of the stick